Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The value of networking

I had a wonderful morning. I got the opportunity to meet and network with another professional speaker/consultant. It was refreshing to learn that our two worlds are very similar and that many of our challenges are the same. I enjoy learning how others have achieved success in their lives and about the turns and bumps they've had along the way.

This particular person is exceptionally upbeat and I enjoyed drawing energy from his demeanor and outlook on our profession and his passion to help others achieve success.

During the discussion I learned of some new opportunities for the delivery of programs to audiences from his circles and he learned of similar opportunities from audiences in my circles.

It was truly a win-win networking session. We never know what opportunities are just around the corner or who we may meet that can open doors and windows for us. I am thankful for having made this new connection, with a new association, and maybe even a new friendship. A couple hours in a coffee shop well spent.

Fire Chief (ret.) Richard B. Gasaway, PhD, EFO, CFO, MICP
www.RichGasaway.com

No comments: